Understanding Behaviour & Supporting Communication with people with dementia delivered by Dementia Trainer Buz Loveday
Delegates must attend Part 1 & 2 to complete the course.
This one-day course split over two consecutive days provides guidance on how to communicate with people with dementia to overcome a variety of communication difficulties and how to understand and respond appropriately to distressed behaviour
Who should attend?
Anyone with an understanding of dementia and person-centred care who is involved in the care or support of people with dementia in any setting
This course is a virtual course run via Zoom or Teams - joining instructions will be sent to via diary invite a week before the course date.
Please note, this course will have regular breaks for participants so please ensure you take yourself away from the screen. The course is aimed to be interactive
The aim of the course is to provide you with knowledge, skills and confidence in communicating with people with dementia and responding appropriately to their behaviour. This will be achieved through an interactive session involving the use of powerpoint, video, various group activities and handouts to back up all the learning.
By the end of the session, delegates will:
• Recognise the communication difficulties that can result from dementia and be able to adapt communication techniques to meet the needs of people with dementia
• Be able to demonstrate active listening skills
• Know how to avoid or address potential barriers to effective communication with people with dementia
• Be able to respond helpfully to people with dementia who express beliefs relating to a different reality
• Know how to interpret and respond to strong feelings and unmet needs expressed through behaviour
• Be aware of and able to address a range of factors that can contribute to distressed behaviours
Please be aware that by making this booking and agreeing to the terms and conditions, you are confirming you have your managers authorisation to attend this training and are aware of the cancellation/non-attendance charges that apply.