Who is this course is for?
This course is mandatory for members of the Planning Committee and their Standing Deputies. However, all members are welcome to attend this training to enhance their knowledge about this committee.
Who is running this course?
This course will be facilitated by Ian Maguire, Assistant Director Planning & Economic Growth, Regeneration (External).
What will it cover?
• The significance of the authorities development plan
• Key concepts of planning [e.g. viability]
• Listed buildings
• Conservation areas
• Standards and governance for planning committee members
• Understanding the planning code of conduct
• Appropriate responses to residents and developers
• Committee members conduct
• The wider agenda of planning for all members e.g. representations; planning issues for residents